Monday, March 4, 2013

Screw Perfection..Embrace it all.

So I have edited and deleted my first sentence in this blog several times in the last few minutes. That's probably why I have been a little unsuccessful blogging in the past. I am a bit of an over thinker and a perfectionist. For a perfectionist and over thinker, blogging can become daunting. It takes more time than it really should because you spend more time thinking about what to write instead of just writing and you spend time thinking about what to think instead of thinking. While those traits can be looked at as positive traits, for me it like a double edged sword. I can certainly make well thought out decisions and plans but I think  about every single possible scenario under the sun before feeling certain that its the right choice. That takes time and lots of energy and it can especially screw you when shit doesn't go your way....because often times it never does. I don't say that in a pessimistic way but when was the last time something went exactly as planned?  Perfect scenarios? Perfect results? So I say....SCREW PERFECTION!LOL. It's for the birds.

So why start blogging now? I need to challenge myself. I need to be accountable for my thoughts and actions and sometimes you don't recognize how you are or what needs improvement or what just IS until you actually consciously make the effort to put the mirror up to your face. *Me Singing Michael Jackson - I'm talking bout the man in the mirrorrrrrrrr oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaa...I'm asking you to make a change.....oooooh" LOLOL. That is my one moment of corniness for this post....or not!  Well, you get the point. I want to use this as an outlet to learn how to express myself without over thinking and without the perfection because shoot...I am not perfect...all the time just most of the time. LOLOL. Just kidding.  :)

So why the blog name? 365 days of vigor? Well because I think that's how we are supposed to live. We are not to live a life of mediocrity so I will no longer let mediocrity be the baseline for how I make choices that are the most important for my life.  There are a few definitions for the word vigor.
Vigor is defined as:

1. active bodily or mental strength or force
2. intensity of action or effect : force;
 
I have to push myself with intensity to taste the sweetness of life because complacency is not an option. In all aspects of my life, whether it be health, wellness, spirituality, work, marriage, family, relationships I am going to embrace it all with fortitude, patience, and faith. I will blog my way through it all as I challenge myself over the next 365 days that will in turn lead to a lifetime of vigor. 

1 comment:

  1. Keep it real! love it! Insha'allah will be reading it. Looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete